Tales of the Cocktail is a festive occasion and we want you to be a part of the festivities in New Orleans. Tales of the Cocktail® is the world’s premier cocktail festival, bringing together the most respected minds on mixology for five days of cocktails, cuisine and culture. Held annually in New Orleans, this international event has something for cocktail professionals and enthusiasts alike with a spirited schedule of seminars, dinners, competitions and tasting rooms where brands showcase their latest products.
Tales of the Cocktail will take place July 17-21st and requires a dedicated team of individuals to make it happen. We are very proud of our intern program and worked hard over the past five years to give every intern a very educational and rewarding process. Each intern selected for our 2013 will have their own of responsibility to organize and execute and will get hands on experience and in the office and in the field.
Tales of the Cocktail is the annual fundraiser for the The New Orleans Culinary and Cultural Preservation Society (NOCCPS). The New Orleans Culinary and Cultural Preservation Society (NOCCPS). is a non-profit organization committed to preserving the unique culture of cocktails and cuisine in New Orleans and beyond. Since it’s founding in 2006 the NOCCPS has supported members of the hospitality industry through programs like the new Apprentice Aid Fund, providing financial assistance to former apprentices in times of medical need, the Cocktail Apprentice Scholarship Program and the Flo Woodward Memorial Scholarship as well as the production of events like Tales of the Cocktail®.
What our past interns have said about the program and their experiences:
- “I would definitely recommend Tales of the Cocktail especially because of the valuable firsthand experience that the internship program offers.” –Bridget Juelich, 2011 and 2012 Intern
- “I enjoyed that my internship evolved into a larger part of my professional career.” –Edie Burns, 2011 and 2012 Intern
- “I really enjoyed the intense amount of teamwork that took place in that office. It made me feel that I was really a part of something great!” –Renee Giraud, 2012 Intern
- “Staff members clearly motivate interns to take initiative and solve any problems that may arise.” –Jason Coleman, 2012 Intern
- “It was incredible to watch the event unfold and how the hard work paid off.” –Kari Price, 2012 Intern
- “It was the BEST experience of my life.” –Lauren Jung, 2012 Intern
- “The knowledge I have gained and the people I have met are irreplaceable.” –Maggie Moore, 2011 and 2012 Intern
- “I got invaluable experience in the spirits industry that I actually got to have hands on experience and really got to be apart of this wonderful event! I got to see how far the reach of Tales and the spirit industry actually goes, and that it touches everything.” –Paige Robinson, 2012 Intern
- “The networking possibilities are endless and it will really give you the experience that other industry professionals are looking for.” –Sophie McGuinness, 2012 Intern