Tales of the Cocktail is a festive occasion and we want you to be a part of the festivities in New Orleans. Tales of the Cocktail® is the world’s premier cocktail festival, bringing together the most respected minds on mixology for five days of cocktails, cuisine and culture. Held annually in New Orleans, this international event has something for cocktail professionals and enthusiasts alike with a spirited schedule of seminars, dinners, competitions and tasting rooms where brands showcase their latest products.
Tales of the Cocktail will take place July 16-20th in 2014 and requires a dedicated team of individuals to make it happen. We are very proud of our intern program and worked hard over the past five years to give every intern a very educational and rewarding process. Each intern selected for our 2014 program will have their own of responsibility to organize and execute and will get hands on experience and in the office and in the field.
Requirements for Tales of the Cocktail Internship
Timeline for 2014 Interns
- Fall Application Deadline: Saturday, November 9, 2013
- Interview Scheduling: Week of November 11, 2013
- Interviews: Monday, November 18 – Wednesday, November 20, 2013
- Notification Date: Friday, November 22, 2013
- Start Date: Week of December 2, 2013 pending class schedule and supervisor meeting
- Tales of the Toddy: Monday, December 16 – Friday, December 20, 2013
- End Date: Week of August 4, 2014. Final date to be determined.
- Work Tales of the Toddy – Monday, December 16 – Friday, December 20, 2013
- Attendance at informational meeting (Final date based on intern class schedule)
- Attendance at in person interview to be held the week of November 11m 2013
- Attendance at Internship Orientation either December 16 or December 17, 2013
- Participation in various intern surveys and meetings throughout the internship
- Spring Semester requirement is a minimum 15-18 hours per week
- (Maximum: spread among 2-3 days per week)
- Summer internship requirement is a minimum 18 hours per week
- (Maximum: spread among 2 days per week)
- This internship is on a volunteer or credit basis and is unpaid except for the week of the event
- Interns are compensated during the event and this includes wages, meals, hotel accommodations, tickets and more. Detailed package is included in the intern offer letter.
- Strong writing ability is required
- Strong computer ability is required
- Strong personal, email and phone communication skills are required
- Enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs in business (Marketing), mass communication (PR and Advertising) or Hospitality, Restaurant and Tourism, preferred. Other majors reviewed on an individual basis.
- Recent graduate in business, mass communications, PR, advertising or Hospitality, Restaurant and Tourism preferred. Other majors reviewed on an individual basis.
- Must have own laptop computer and cell phone
- Must have working vehicle and be able to travel locally